Monday 21 June 2010

Leading on from Off The Latch

Post Off The Latch I have a much clearer idea of where it is that my work is heading. As I previously explained one of the most interesting things to have come out of the show are the conversations with the wide range of visitors we had. An important part of being an artist for me is the connection I have with the artwork, the fact that I have spent hours intricately making it and this is obvious. I believe this brings an honest quality to the work and being in the space, invigilating the exhibition myself and being able to talk first hand to people about my work also does this.
From here I am interested in learning into the power certain types of art have in bringing the idea of art as a whole closer to the viewer and closer to the general public. I believe I have located a number of ways this is done:
-Public Art
-Community Art
-Socially Engaged Art
-Art outside of the Gallery
-Installations
-Participatory Art
-Sound Art
And I intend to explore these to contribute to and improve this exciting area of my own work

No comments:

Post a Comment