Thursday 19 August 2010

Fourth plinth the contenders

During my routinely browse of the arts section on the guardian website I came across the contenders for the fourth plinth. I know you I'm backing! 'Jennifer Allora and Guillermo Calzadilla's piece, Untitled (ATM/Organ), is a working cash machine connected to a functioning pipe organ, which produces different sounds depending on the action the customer is performing' www.guardian.co.uk. Image below also stolen from the good old guardian website!

Really hope this one gets there. Not for any critical interest really, but because of the simple fact it is such an interesting and ridiculous idea and I love it! any excuse to draw money out. Would love to read more...
I think maybe one of the things I like about this piece is that it appealed to my non art educated self, the part of me that is interested in peoples ideas and things that you can happen upon as you go through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment